A manager of a team must be a leader. All must recognize that they hold a position of trust and responsibility in a program that deals with a sensitive and formative period of a child’s development.
The duties of a Manager are as follows:
- Abide by all Little League International Rules.
- Abide by all Armstrong Athletics Rules.
- Inform coaching staff of all above-mentioned rules.
- Equipment: Distribute, maintain and collect.
- Home Team Manager contacts scheduler in the event of rain-outs.
- Fundraisers: Inform players/parents, distribute materials, collect/turn-in monies, keep records, oversee activities.
- Participate in all league-required activities: meetings, workdays, field prep, field maintenance, clean-up duties, etc. (Each team is responsible for their fair share of duties).
- Promote sportsmanship and fair play (Players follow your example).
- Respect/tolerate umpires decisions (They are volunteers also).
- Promote Armstrong Athletics in a positive manner (Let the kids have a good time, handle any/all problems through the proper channels).
- Clean dugouts/bleachers after all home games.