A manager of a team must be a leader. All must recognize that they hold a position of trust and responsibility in a program that deals with a sensitive and formative period of a child’s development.
The duties of a Manager are as follows:
- Abide by all Little League International Rules.
- Abide by all Armstrong Athletics Rules.
- Inform coaching staff of all above-mentioned rules.
- Equipment: Distribute, maintain and collect.
- Home Team Manager contacts scheduler in the event of rain-outs.
- Fundraisers: Inform players/parents, distribute materials, collect/turn-in monies, keep records, oversee activities.
- Participate in all league-required activities: meetings, workdays, field prep, field maintenance, clean-up duties, etc. (Each team is responsible for their fair share of duties).
- Promote sportsmanship and fair play (Players follow your example).
- Respect/tolerate umpires decisions (They are volunteers also).
- Promote Armstrong Athletics in a positive manner (Let the kids have a good time, handle any/all problems through the proper channels).
- Clean dugouts/bleachers after all home games.
IF WE ALL WORK TOGETHER, THE PLAYERS AND ALL INVOLVED IN ARMSTRONG ATHLETICS WILL HAVE A GREAT EXPERIENCE. KIDS DO REMEMBER THEIR CHILDHOOD MANAGERS AND COACHES FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES, DON’T YOU? LET’S ENSURE THAT THEIR EXPERIENCE IS ONE OF THE BEST OF THEIR CHILDHOOD MEMORIES!
Complete listing of the 2019 Armstrong Athletics Managers (click here)
**WILL BE UPDATED PRIOR TO THE START OF THE SEASON**